At Shape, we believe what makes a company amazing is its people. Shape is looking for a talented electrical engineer. Reporting to the CEO, you will design and engineer the electronic embedded in ShapeScale. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who could evolve into a Head of Electrical Engineering. A role made for driven individuals who are excited to take on large challenges and responsibilities. It will allow you to grow your own personal, managerial and technical skill-set inside of a thriving startup environment.
WHAT YOU LL DO
Design and implement a wide range of electronic systems from ARM processor based boards that contains cameras and RF (Wifi/BT) to MCU based boards that contains motion control, batteries and sensors.
- Define product requirements
- Assess, select and review electronic solutions and components performance, cost, availability, suitability, etc
- Implement and maintain component libraries including schematic symbol, land pattern and 3D models for component footprints
- Design, evaluate and review schematics, layouts
- Prepare manufacturing & assembly documentation for PCBs (BOM, Gerbers, Assembly guides, etc)
- Prototype, test and debug issues in boards (signal integrity, EMC, RF, etc)
- Work with the quality assurance team to Implement functional testing or characterising methods used in production
- Work closely with the other teams to integrate the electronic in the mechanical design and provide functional boards to the firmware engineers and transfer the design into production
- Help to recruit and lead a team of electrical engineers
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar field plus 3 years of related experience
- Experience in a tech or startup environment is key
- Experience with ARM SoC and high speed digital design required
- Experience with camera, camera interfaces (MIPI) and other optical sensors
- Experience with designing PCBs for consumer products / consumer electronics or appliances or robots. Must have transferred electronic designs into medium to large scale productions.
- Experience working with Asian Contract Manufacturers / EMS required
- Proficient with Altium Designer / Cadence
- Experience with schematic design and PCB layout.
- Extensive knowledge of IPC and JEDEC Standards
- Experience with implementing and testing DDR3/4, USB3, PWM, ADC, DAC, UART, I2C, SPI, MIPI, LVDS, etc
- Good knowledge of signal integrity and EMC. Experience in debugging signal integrity issues.
- Experience with RF design (Wifi / BT)
- Expertise with test equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, VNA, Spectrum analyzer)
- MS / Ph D. in Electrical Engineering or similar field plus 5 years of related experience
- Experience with Audio input and output stage design
- Experience with power supply and battery management solutions
- Experience with test points implementation and in production testing methods.
- Knowledge of certification process and standards a plus (e.g. UL / EN / IEC)
- IPC CID or CID+
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT SHAPE BECAUSE
- We're not just employees. We're people. We offer great health insurance coverage with 100% covered including dependents and dental coverage, commuter benefits, everyday catered lunches with healthy eating options suitable for all diets and allergies and a kitchen stocked with your favorite snacks and drinks.
- We value your fitness and wellness. You have an unlimited holidays policy with a mandatory 15 days off per year (PTO) so you'll have time to recharge. We offer fitness discounts and fun, action-inspired company-wide events like hikes, surfing, etc as well as outings like concerts, wine tasting, etc and gaming evenings.
- We're creating an environment where you can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we're building a team that is too. We provide the foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work. You also get to chose your favorite computing platform (top of the line Apple, Windows, Linux laptop) and a motorized sit / stand desk.
- We'll invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- We value impact more than money.
Summary of benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work schedule, unlimited holidays with a mandatory 15 days / year off.
- Great, comprehensive health insurance : low deductible - 100% covered (incl. dependents)
- Visa sponsorship if necessary
- Catered lunches with healthy eating options suitable for all diets and allergies and healthy snacks
- Top of the line Apple and Windows equipment of choice that you think you need to work comfortably and efficiently
- Motorized sit / standing desk with Herman Miller or Steelcase chairs.
- Fitness discounts and fun, action-inspired company-wide events and outings, gaming evenings
- Commuter benefits or subsidies
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment of a young startup company with a driven, agile and adept international team
- The opportunity to have an impact on millions of people and make them happier and healthier
Based in San Francisco, we are a team with a passion for great design, user experience, hardware, software, and sports. Together we share the commitment to create products that connect the human body with technology in a magical way. We're working to become the most empowering consumer company of the 21st century.
Our first product, ShapeScale, is the first photorealistic 3D body scanner that shows you how your body shape changes over time. It s not only a game changer for fitness but also an enabler for a number of fashion, healthcare, and AR / VR applications. We have recently started to take pre-orders for ShapeScale and have thus far received thousands of pre-orders. Shape is backed by renowned investors such as Y Combinator and Stanford StartX.